Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Advice 6. Don't isolate yourself too much.

One misconception that a lot of English learners has is "I'm not ready to speak and write in English, so I need to practice more." Thinking like that, they isolate themselves in the safest places such as ESL classrooms or home. When on earth are we ready to speak and write in English? With your so high expectations, it will take forever.
However, don't misunderstand me by thinking that I am saying that you have to give up the ways that you think you are doing for improving your L2. What I want to say is please having balance between your input and your output. As you receive and get input from the ways you are doings, you have to give opportunities to yourself to utilize the input.
Please, check yourself whether you are isolating yourself or not.

1 comment:

  1. A very good piece of advice. Isolating oneself is probably one of the worst things one can do.

    ReplyDelete