Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Advice 5. Authentic materials..

My 5th advice is having as many authentic materials as you can expose yourself. As one type of authentic material, how can I not mention watching dramas, movies or DVDs, which is one of my favorite ways. By watching them, you can learn culture as well as language. Also, I want to recomment you be watch one at least twice. If you are able to have subtitles, you have to watch it without subtitles and then with subtitles. If you have some time to take a note, I strongly suggest you be take a note. Do you feel you want to go to Blockbuster today?

1 comment:

  1. Authentic materials really are the key! For my language learning, this has been the best way to learn how to speak like a native--and pick up cultural cues in the process. Also, reading the daily newspaper is important to learn the "register" for reporting news events and to learn how to write better.

    ReplyDelete